- Pain - SOCRATES
- Well localised - site of problem
- Diffuse - may be referred pain
- After trauma?
- Sudden (eg - ligament tear)
- Slowly (eg - osteoarthritis)
- Bone defects - Deep-boring, worst at night
- Muscles - Stiff, poorly localised.
- Fracture - Stabbing, aggravated by movement.
- Neurogenic - Shooting across multiple areas, or tingling.
- Radiation - Common in neurogenic pain
- Associated Symptoms
- Systemic symptoms
- Weight Loss
- On waking (eg - osteoarthritis)
- When used (eg - fracture)
- Exacerbating Factors
- Lying down
- ACE Inhibitors
- Occupation-related? Is sick-leave needed?
- Effect on activities of daily living
- Treatment effects
- Housing adaptation requirements (eg - stairlifts)