Pressing "Edit" on a page will load the Visual Editor- a "What You See Is What You Get" interface. The appearance as you're typing is (more or less) the same as when you're finished.
Adding your notes to the wiki is as easy as typing them up on Word. You don't need to know any HTML or other code, just have an idea of what you want to write.
The top bar provides all of the options for formatting. To learn what each one does, you can hover over the buttons.
As with any word processor, the visual editor supports Bold, Italics
- Bullet points
- Numbered lists
Give it a go by editing the Sandbox
Citing a reference
Add the reference to the body text
- Press the Cite button to include references for any information. Use the dialogue box to insert the reference (in a manner that will mean other users can access the reference)
- Press Insert to add your references
Add a bibliography/ reference list
- Create a new line at the bottom of the page
- Select "Insert" then "Reference List"
The Visual Editor will generate the reference list automatically in the order they appear in the text.
Add a file
- The Visual Editor is closely linked with Wikmedia Commons. You can add any image licensed through the commons using the Add Media option, and then searching for the image you want.
- If you can't find the right image, add your own, following Help:Upload