This might be embarrassing or uncomfortable for patients to discuss, so attend to their comfort and privacy, and "normalise" the interview by acting as if it was just another runny nose etc, and the patient will be more forthright.
Note also that the Urinary history overlaps significantly with Gynaecological factors-select those most appropriate from the list below.
- Urge-needs to pee, doesn't reach toilet
- Stress-on laughing, coughing etc.
- Enuresis- incontinence at night (common and normal in childhood, is it primary (never able to be dry at night) or secondary (was previously dry at night and now is incontinent))
- Weak Flow
- End Dribble
Past Medical/Social History
- How many partners
- What gender(s)
Previous STDs Last Menstrual Period
- Length between and on periods
- Light or heavy? ICE here.
- Well Controlled?
Previous Urological Problems
- Rubber Industry?
- Impact & ICE on job
- ACE Inhibitors
- Alpha Blockers
- Mother's menopause(if applicable)
- Renal Disease