CPR + Life Support
- Check the area for danger
- Check for response
- Shake shoulders, hello, can you hear me?!.
- Consider sternal rub
- Shout for help
- Tilt head, open mouth to examine airway
- Ear to mouth looking down casualty's chest, feeling, listening and looking for breathing. 10 seconds to confirm no breathing.
- Ask helper to phone ambulance/crash team, describe where you are, that there's a female adult cardiac arrest, to find a defibrillator if possible, and then come back to confirm all this has been done.
- Commence CPR
- 30 Chest compressions- arms locked, fingers interlaced pushing 2-3 inches down on the sternum at a rate of 100bpm- nellie the elephant/staying alive.
- 2 rescue breaths- ensure a tight seal using the face mask by gripping the mask and jaw with 2 hands
- Continue until told otherwise
- When would you stop?
- When help arrives, or when physically exhausted, or casualty spontaneously recovers.
- What's the crash call number?
- What would you do if the casualty recovered but remained unconscious?
- Recovery Position